Monday, June 15, 2009

An Email & A Confession

"Hello Alternates for the Dedication Choir or better known now as the members of the Cornerstone Choir: I just wanted to send this message from Brother C--- on to you so that you know they are working on getting things together for the rehearsals.
Once again, thank you for your time and willingness to do this. You all sounded just marvelous on Sunday evening - you are making everyone proud.
Brother and Sister C----"

I've kept it mum, but now an email has been received. I was an alternate for one of the Dedicatory Choirs for The Oquirrh Mountain Temple. (My Stake auditioned 20 of us and then chose 10 names from a hat. There were 2 alto spots and my name was drawn 3rd, as an alternate.) But now, I will be singing in the Cornerstone Ceremony. Hurrah and huzzah! The kids and I jumped up and down and shouted for joy for ten minutes. More to come in August...

6 comments:

Andrea said...

That is so Awesome! What a great experience. Can't wait to hear it - it will be amazing!

Melanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Kjerstin said...

Congratulations!!! That's so wonderful!

Rebecca said...

Oh, I am so happy and excited for you. That will be an amazing experience! Yeah!!! I know how much this means to you! Can't wait for the dedication. We are so proud of you!

Greek Goddess said...

I'm so excited for you. Participating in temple open houses/dedicatory ceremonies in any shape or form is such a wonderful experience. You will love it. Let me know more when you can!

Allison said...

What a great experience! Congratulations!