It started here, at The Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. I volunteered to be an usher as people toured inside the Temple.

I remembered the first time I stepped foot inside a Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was the 1994 Bountiful Temple Open House and I was not a member of the LDS Church. That day changed my life.
Today was cold and cloudy. The rains came pouring down and this fountain overflowed.
The thunder shook and lightning crashed. I heard a boom and later saw this.The Angel Moroni was struck by lightning, but stood strong and steadfast. Immovable in the storm.
Safe inside, I caught a glimpse of Elder Yoshihiko Kikuchi, one of the General Authorities of the LDS Church. He lead his visitors by. Our eyes met and he nodded his acknowledgment. I bowed my head, overwhelmed with gratitude and joy.As I offered visitors towels to dry themselves, I saw her. I was overcome at the significance of seeing her beautiful family in this sacred place and thought of my own sweet family.
I had been away for seven hours. I came home to hugs and kisses.

2 comments:
We took the kids through on Thursday. It is absolutely beautiful. The feelings I felt as I walked through just strengthend my testimony of Jesus Christ and eternal families. Truly amazing!
We also had an incredible experience as we went to the Temple Open House. The spirit was so strong there. It is amazingly beautiful inside and out. I agree with Annie . . . it truly does strengthen my testimony of our Savior.
Post a Comment