Did I mention I threw out my back again? That's twice in a month. 33 must be old. This morning I rushed to get Josh to school. As I was buckling the Circus in, I bent straight over, no knee bend (bad!), twisted (even worse!!) and stood up. KRRREEEE. I felt my back muscle tighten. (Does it make a sound?) So I have been lying flat or bent over in a hard chair all day, imagining the fun things I could do, like walk, clean up my house (ok, maybe not that one) and play with my kids. Just think how FUNtastic it will be when I can stand straight tomorrow morning. Yes, I am mentally willing my back to unlock. For now, I am still hunched like Australopithecus afarensis. Not quite upright.
Thankfully, I am way less hairy.Update: After a day of ibuprofen, stretching, heating, positive thinking and a Priesthood blessing, I am walking like a Homo sapien. Upright never felt so good. Woo hoo!!!
6 comments:
Karen, hope you're feeling better! What a bummer.
Ouch. . . I feel your pain! I hate it when that happens. It is so miserable for a few days. Hope it feels better today!
Thanks. I am walking upright today. Matt gave me a Priesthood blessing last night. Josh was so cute. He said, "Mom, I know you will get better because there were three prayers for you. Dad said two prayers (the blessing) and I said one over there when you weren't looking." I have to confess that the faith of my son moved me to KNOW that I would be fine this morning.
I am glad to hear that you are back to normal again. That totally stinks but maybe you had to go through that to boost the faith of not only you but Josh. I love his little testimony that prayer and faith can heal. Too sweet!
I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Back pain is the worst.
welcome to the no-back-all-pain club! ;) as for the boo and his faith - he definitely teaches ALL of us. i love him :)
Post a Comment