Sunday, March 1, 2009

In the Still of the Night...

Frantic Friday (have you seen my Friday schedule?) became FUN Friday. After Josh's karate lesson, I came home and cut out a couple of felt poodles and tacky glued them on to felt skirts. And voila! We made it to the Church activity, a 50's and 60's sock hop.

Let's go to the hop!

In the middle of the Hokey Pokey. You put your whole self in...

Go Grease Lightnin'... go Grease Lightnin'!

A couple of Earth Angels

Did I mention I am a doo wop junkie? (I owe it all to my dad and those LPs he'd play.) We sang karaoke and danced the night away. Matt had to finally tell me to Stop!..in the name of Love... sorry, couldn't help that one. It's in the blood.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh, I'm lovin' these pictures. What a fun activity! The kids look sooooo cute and again you out did yourself! The poodle skirts are "way cool"!!!

di said...

whoa - they look seriously good! :) i wish wish wish i could have seen them dancing...

Fenwick Family said...

Karen,
The skirts turned out darling!!!
I'm glad you guys had so much fun.

Melanie said...

You're amazing! Good job on the skirts, they are way cute! The girls are so cute and Josh looks very cool (my boys informed me that cute is only a girl word)!

Mandy said...

Wow, you made those? I'm so impressed with your domestic goddess abilities. It looks like your adorable kids had a wonderful time!