Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Case of Teething Bum

also known as (and I kid you not) Fire Ass. This amazingly accurate and colorful term was introduced to my friend by a sweet little grandma from our Santa Monica ward. (What other terms do grandmas use?) Neither of my other two had severe FA when their teeth came in. Until Sophie. Poor baby. Her little bum is so acidic, it eats right through the layers of zinc oxide. It could probably disintegrate her diaper. Two nights ago I was up at 3 a.m. rinsing off her bum in the bath. After two days of non-effective Desitin, I ran to the store and picked up this:
You got it. It's called Butt Paste. The joys of motherhood. Need I say more?

5 comments:

Greek Goddess said...

:)

Luckily I use a cream for my babies from Germany which my mom said works better than desitin. But maybe your paste is just as good as the German stuff. Good luck.

di said...

o yea! i forgot about that - i have samples of butt paste for my patients. :) well, i'm glad it's helping her little tooshie. poor fa-fa muffin!

Kati said...

WE LOVE BUTT PASTE! Did you know you can use it on any kind of skin irritation? Sweet stuff.

Angela said...

Love that stuff.

Karen Liu said...

I admit I was skeptical. But this stuff really does work wonders. I think the higher price tag is definitely worth it. So long Desitin. You've been replaced.