Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Clock

7:45 drag my arse outta bed (because I was up at 3 a.m. hosing off baby's diarrhea bum in the tub)
8:00 kiss my man goodbye and feed kiddies breakfast
Morning rush ensues, get everyone dressed, teeth brushed, faces washed. Potty checks.
8:40 out the door to walk towards school. It's the only exercise i get these days.
8:42 run back to get Sophie a sweater because it's turned chilly outside
8:46 RUN up the hill towards school before the bells rings in 9 minutes.
Drop Josh off seconds before bell rings and watch him line up to go inside.
walk home.
9:15 feed sophie breakfast. Madison needs a snack of 4 bowls of cereal with milk.
9:30 rinse off Sophie's diarrhea bum and put her down for nap.
Between 9:45 and 10:55 A hot shower. The only moment of calmness and relief as hot water trickles down. Wish it could last forever. Then I check email. 1 person sent me email, my cousin Lulu. Hooray! It's always nice to get mail. Check my news site, cnn.com and a few blogs. Talk to my sister on the phone. And rehash the VP debates.
10:55 pick up Josh from school. I hold his hand and ask how was your day? We skip to the car where the other two are waiting. Then home for chores and the lunch RUSH.
11:05 vacuum, dust, and supervise kids as they clean the baseboards with a wipe (BEST IDEA EVER!) My friend Natalie calls to say hi. We chat for a few minutes before I start lunch.
11:50 What do you guys want for lunch? cricket, cricket
So I start some pasta. Then Josh says he wants scrambled eggs and Madison chimes in, I want eggs, too. Of course.
12:03 start the scrambled eggs. Feed Sophie lunch. She eats some pasta.
12:10 feed the other two lunch.
12:15 pull out my lean cuisine from the microwave and WOLF it down, standing up, because we have to be out the door in 20 minutes.
12:30 potty check. Get Josh's karate outfit on. I'm tempted to slap on some makeup but there's no time. Thank goodness for lip gloss and BIG sunglasses.
12:35 Sophie's bum has to be rinsed off, again. Poor baby. Butt paste applied.
12:42 everyone's in the car. Buckled. We leave, on time. Hooray! No speeding, thank you!
12:57 drop Josh off at karate for his 1 p.m. lesson and drive over to Wal-mart to pick up a bin for toys.
1:30 pick up Josh and head home.
2:00 Sophie goes down for a nap. Madison gets a bath.
3:01. Whew. can't.wait.to.go.to.bed.

9 comments:

di said...

wow - surrendering to motherhood. yay! and is fa-fa muffin's tooshie getting better?

Melanie said...

Oh the glamorous life of a mother! What we don't do for our kids! I can so relate. Thanks for the laugh.

Randy said...

Matt's schedule: two hour lunch with Randy over sushi...

Karen Liu said...

Thanks guys. Fridays are CA-RAZY. The baby bum finally stopped producing runs last night so we are "all systems go" and back to normal... until the next episode, right?

Rebecca said...

You make me tired just listening to your day!!! Glad to hear that Sophie's tush is getting better! Need a vacation?

Angela said...

Oh I love to read of a moms real life! Makes me feel more normal...you write so well and make me laugh so hard. thinking of you.

di said...

i say you ditch matt with the kiddos (no offensive, i love matt and those kiddos to death) and you have a spa vacay in nyc...you deserve it! and we'll have super really great sushi at nobu (eat that matt! kidding.)! :)

Karen Liu said...

Mmmmm...sushi... Actually, I do want to come out for a visit, catch up show, go to the museum, take Josh to Central Park...

Greek Goddess said...

That is so funny. I've thought about writing a schedule by the clock like that for months now. Isn't life crazy sometimes? Good luck on the costume. Can't wait to see it/them.