And the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room,
Why cry for a soul set free!
Miss me a little - but not for long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me, but let me go.
For this journey that we all must take
And each must go alone;
It's all a part of the Master's plan
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick at heart
Go to the friends we know,
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss me, but let me go.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room,
Why cry for a soul set free!
Miss me a little - but not for long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me, but let me go.
For this journey that we all must take
And each must go alone;
It's all a part of the Master's plan
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick at heart
Go to the friends we know,
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss me, but let me go.


8 comments:
Karen,
What a beautiful post. You have a wonderful family. I wish I could have met your grandfather.
Amy
Thanks Amy! My Grandpa was an amazing man. He lived a life full of honor, courage, and integrity. I'll have to share some of his WWII stories with you sometime!
Karen,
I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. That poem is beautiful and there is so much comfort in it. Your family is in our thoughts.
That was so lovely. Sorry about the loss of your ye ye. I hope you will find peace and joy in remembering his life and the relationship you shared.
Susan
Thanks ladies. I appreciate your words of kindness and comfort. I am grateful to know that he is in a better place and that we will meet again someday!
It's never easy losing someone we love. I hope you find peace in the memories you have of your grandpa. The poem was so beautiful and comforting. I love the picture of you and your sisters with your dad! It's priceless! We love you!
I'm so sorry for you loss. Seeing the picture of you with your dad and sisters brought back so many memories. You have such a wonderful family! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Kj
That is a beautiful poem, and timely for me, too, since my Grandpa passed away last Friday, a couple of days after I talked to you! Talk to you soon. Love you!
Post a Comment