(Don't ask me how the kids chose. I have no idea.)
Whew. I did it. It was exhausting and a definite learning experience. (I made up my own newspaper patterns for the cloaks.) And since we believe in recycling, Sophie is wearing Josh's baby costume, which Madison wore last year, as Horton to Josh's Cat in the Hat.
The chili cookoff was great fun. I won "heartiest" chili for my food storage chili with whole wheat. (I know, sounds disgusting, but actually tastes good. I'm experimenting with bulgur wheat.) And "best soup" for my white bean chicken chili. No prizes. Just respect.
Josh's friend Kyson was Anakin Skywalker and they and our little Padme went on "a mission" together, fighting the evil Empire, defeating droids... with about fifty other kids. It was a fun evening to spend with church friends. But now I can clean my home and relax...








8 comments:
WHOA MAMA! Those costumes ROCK! :) Great Job Karens! I really LOVE the cloak - it totally makes his costume. Madidoo looks PERFECT! And of course, the elephant tops it off! YOU_ARE_AMAZING karen. :)
Grandpa and Grandma Liu here ...
We just arrived in New York City a half an hour ago and are at Diane and Daniel's place.
We're excited to see the costumes!
Kiss the children for us!
I'm jealous! Those turned out awesome!
The Weavel Chili was the bomb!!
I have watched you in amazement through this project that started with a stack of fabric. They turned out great and Josh and Madison look fantastic! Job well done! Happy Halloween!!!
Thank you, thank you. I, too, am quite amazed at how well everything turned out. The best part is seeing the joy and happiness on Josh and Madison's faces as they dress up and play pretend. I feel like I can do anything, for them.
Karen!
You are fantabulous! I love the costumes they look great, and the kids obviously love them.
I am still laughing about our star wars clan, miles and miles away the force is still strong and always will be. Love you Karen
Wonderful job!!!
Post a Comment