running laps. That's right, folks. Yesterday Josh was ruthless in his harassment of his sisters and disobedient on multiple accounts to me and Matt. So we sent him out for fifteen laps. Madison, his biggest fan, decided to offer her full support. As cruel as it sounds, Matt and I really enjoyed the spectacle and had to capture it on film. Sometimes it pays to be the parent.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Discipline
We don't believe in yelling or spanking or even "time-out." They've all proven to be completely ineffective in our home. Instead, we believe in...
running laps. That's right, folks. Yesterday Josh was ruthless in his harassment of his sisters and disobedient on multiple accounts to me and Matt. So we sent him out for fifteen laps. Madison, his biggest fan, decided to offer her full support. As cruel as it sounds, Matt and I really enjoyed the spectacle and had to capture it on film. Sometimes it pays to be the parent.
running laps. That's right, folks. Yesterday Josh was ruthless in his harassment of his sisters and disobedient on multiple accounts to me and Matt. So we sent him out for fifteen laps. Madison, his biggest fan, decided to offer her full support. As cruel as it sounds, Matt and I really enjoyed the spectacle and had to capture it on film. Sometimes it pays to be the parent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That's pretty funny. Although, if I needed to be punished under your plan, it might get my sorry butt back in shape. I could only wish...
I may have to adopt this punishment at my house. I think it is perfect for boys with too much energy! I love the Maddison was running with him.
Okay, seriously, how do you NOT yell??????? I need to learn the ways of the force. Teach me can you?
The only thing that happens if I yell is that I get hoarse and my throat hurts. So why punish myself? "Time out" doesn't do anything for the kids; but it helps calm me down.
So I take away privileges and I've actually thrown things away (you have to be willing to follow through.) But my current favorite alternative is calling for laps and push-ups. The other day Josh kept interjecting and I kept adding on more pushups. He was busy for a long time.
I REALLY like the laps idea. It serves double duty and gives them a little fresh air and works out some of that feistiness. I'll have to give it a try :) Thanks.
dan and i were so sad (yet we were laughing too) watching him run laps. now pushups? well, at least he'll be fit and not obese. :) does he get a snack after?
That's hilarious. Keep up the good work. We don't believe in any discipline. Our kids just run our lives. Ha ha.
I'm lovin' this! Do you think it would work for dad? (tee hee!)
Post a Comment