Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Firsts

Yesterday was Joshua's first day of kindergarten and Madison's first day of preschool. I thought I'd be crying tears of joy, but the first walk home without him was more emotional than I anticipated. I felt sad. Like my little bird had finally grown wings and taken flight. It was a long walk home. Until we got in the car and drove Madison to preschool. Then Sophie and I headed to Taipan for some retail therapy.
Joshua's first day of kindergarten. In front of the school.
I want to go!
So do I. (Some neighbor's dog, watching all of the kids go by.)
Madison in front of her preschool.

Lunch afterward, to celebrate.
He is definitely a kindergartener now.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I know what you mean. It is hard to send them out into the world. Congrats Josh on your first day of school! You know I need to go to Tai Pan when I get there, so plan on it!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Josh and Madison on your first day of school this week. What an exciting time for both of you! We are so happy for you. Have fun!

Erin said...

How exciting for them! I can only imagine how bitter-sweet it would be to see your kids 'flying away from the nest'. They are adorable children, by the way.